Ingredients in the mix: Rice Flour, ChickPea Flour, Sugar, Crème of Tartar, Salt, Bicarbonate of Soda, Xanthan Gum
Preparation: 10 minutes to prepare, and 40 – 50 min to bake.
|500g (4 cups)||Entice Crusty Bread Mix|
|300g (300ml)||Water or Soda Water or Buttermilk|
|45 ml (3Tbs)||Olive Oil|
|15ml (1Tbs)||Honey (optional)|
Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
Blend the liquids and add to the Crusty Bread Mix.
Beat for a few minutes on high.
Pour into loaf tin.
Place into oven at 180°C and bake 40 – 50 minutes,
Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Can be sliced and frozen
Crusty Bread Baking Tips for Best Results
- Mixing Times
- Play around with mixing times – using the whisk and not the dough hook, mix fast on for a few minutes changes the consistency of the batter. Try mixxing differently and see what works best for your needs
- If the batter is very soft you don’t want to mix long on high speed, here you want to mix gently until its just combined
- Underdone Bread
- If the bread is underdone, reduce the baking temperature and bake for longer. If the crust gets too dark, then you can place foil over the loaf for the last 10 – 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake in a smaller loaf pan
- Crumbly Bread
- Add a little more liquid/oil
- Slice only when its cold
- Adding Nuts, Seeds, Dried Fruit, Nut Flour, Olives, all add to the texture and taste
- Adding Yeast
- Yeast adds a lovely flavour, but it doesn’t result in the same rising that you get when baking with gluten. The crusty bread mix has baking powder to assist the rising
- Use Buttermilk instead of water
- Buttermilk gives a lighter texture to the bread
- Freeze bread that is left over
- Slice and freeze leftover bread